Italian Chicken Soup with Fennel and Cheese Tortellini
Published: January 12, 2013
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Large White or Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Bulb Fennel, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Fennel Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 (8 to 10 ounces) package Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup Diced Cooked Chicken
- 3 Zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Shredded Fresh Basil for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sauté finely chopped green bell pepper, finely chopped onion, finely chopped fennel, crushed garlic, crushed fennel seeds and chopped fresh basil until onion is soft.
- Stir in chicken stock. Bring to gentle boil.
- Stir in cheese tortellini, diced cooked chicken and coarsely chopped zucchini.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish individual servings with shredded fresh basil and grated fresh Parmesan cheese.